- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- In Memoriam: Elizabeth M. Soden
- Third Annual U-M 3MT® Competition
- Graduate Writing Clinic Open in Spring + Summer
- Spring 2016 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- Registration Now Open! Fall Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Winter 2017 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
At Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Convention in Portland, Oregon, Chris Feak co-led with Nigel Caplan (University of Delaware) in a session on the challenges of providing EAP support for graduate students.
Feak also co-presented with Nigel Caplan (University of Delaware) of an invited talk entitled "Who are our Graduate Writers and What Support do they Really Need?" which discussed how with the globalization of education, research and publication, writing in English has become an essential skill for graduate students.
Finally, Feak presented a talk entitled "Using Bio-Statements to Promote Insight into Audience, Purpose, and Strategy."