Senior Capstone: Social Sciences Study Management
In this course, students will learn to manage projects through the four quarters of the QMSS quadrant: Question, Method, Study, Solution. In this capstone experience, students work as teams on projects addressing social science questions using both consultant and analyst roles. The course includes feedback and support through weekly project management training sessions. QMSS 451 has enforced prerequisites of QMSS 201 and QMSS 301. This course is intended for seniors and requires that the student has declared the QMSS minor. Click here for QMSS 451 in the LSA Course Guide.
Important registration information regarding QMSS 451 for Winter 2024:
- If you plan to take QMSS 451 next semester, Winter 2024, please complete this form!
- If you have previously filled this out, you will need to do so again as the days and times of QMSS 451 sections are updated & ready to be ranked!
- If you are a senior that needs to take QMSS 451 in order to graduate, you must fill out the form to guarantee a seat.
- Registration for QMSS 451 is restricted for declared QMSS minors and done by departmental permission only. This means you will not be able to register for 451 during your registration appointment yourself -- you will need to be issued a course permission by the QMSS Program Manager, Caitlin Posillico. If you still need to declare your minor, sign up for an advising appointment ASAP here: QMSS Advising Appointment System.
- We are offering 3 sections of QMSS 451 for Winter 2024 (click here for a link to the LSA Course Guide page for QMSS 451):
- Monday/Wednesday 1-2:30pm
- Monday/Wednesday 2:30-4pm
- Tuesday/Thursday 2:30-4pm
- The form will ask that you rank your preference for the sections we are offering.
- We cannot guarantee students will be able to get their first choice. Please make sure to include any notes about time conflicts to be taken into account when permissions are assigned.
- Reach out to Caitlin Posillico at email@example.com for questions about QMSS 451.
During previous semesters of QMSS 451:
- Students completed capstone projects
- Previously worked with the Davies Project: helps provide transportation for pediatric patients in the Lansing area
- Currently many project groups working with local Ann Arbor Companies