- History of Art Major
- History of Art Minor
- Museum Studies Minor
- Advising Appointments
- History of Art Honors Program
- Career Guide and Resources
- Waitlist Policy
- Helicon Undergraduate Student Group
- Arts in Paris Summer Program
- Course Descriptions
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
NOTE: Minors must consult with a History of Art advisor at least once a year.
The minor requires a minimum of at least 15 History of Art credits (or five courses) at the 200-level or higher, and completion of the History of Art distribution requirements. The 15 History of Art credits must include:
- At least two History of Art courses (or a minimum of 6 credits) must be at the 200-level.
- At least two History of Art courses (or a minimum of 6 credits) must be at the 300-level or higher, and one of these must be a 300-level or higher seminar.
Any course at the 200-level or higher may be used to satisfy distribution requirements. There are two kinds of distribution requirements, one focused on Time and the other on Geographical Area. The former familiarizes the student with cultural practices associated with different moments in historical time, and the latter with a variety of national and regional traditions. Minors are required to take courses that satisfy two of the four Time periods and two of the five Geographical areas. Because almost every course taught falls into both time and area categories, the distribution requirements can be satisfied with as few as two courses.
3. Early Modern
4. Modern and Contemporary
A. The Middle East (includes Western and Central Asia, and North Africa)
B. Sub-Saharan Africa
C. Asia (includes China, Japan, India, South and Southeast Asia, and the Pacific)
D. Europe and the US
E. Latin America and the Caribbean