For a full list of presenters and titles, please refer to the CAA 2019 full schedule here.
Thursday, February 14th 2019
- Elizabeth Rauh, "The Question of Karbala: Heroic Imagery and Shi’i Muslim Mythologies in Post-1963 Baghdad"
- Stephanie Triplett, "The Human Gaze in Gustave Courbet's Deer Paintings"
- Manuel Shvartzberg Carrio, "Designing 'Free Labor': Prefabricated Steel Housing and Settler Colonialism in Palm Springs, CA"
Friday, February 15th 2019
- Sean Kramer, chair, "Picturing and Performing Martial Masculinities"
- Jennifer Robertson, "Facing Robots: The "Japanese" Face(s) of Embodied AI
Saturday, February 16th 2019
- Kelli Wood, "Art and technology: historical approaches to video game pedagogy"
- Joan Kee, discussant, "Beyond Copyright: Pushing at the Art / Law Collision"