Each year, the Comprehensive Studies Program sets aside a limited amount of funds to support campus programming and opportunities that enhance the undergraduate student experience.
CSP Opportunity Grant
CSP invites grant applications to support activities that will enhance student development/engagement through the following:
- Off-campus Study (up to $600 maximum) - Educational opportunities that will advance academic studies (support for travel expenses only; will not support tuition)
- Conferences (up to $300 maximum) - Participation at a national or regional conference that promotes professional development and/or academic growth
- Other Educational Projects (up to $250 maximum) - Support for course related projects
CSP students in good academic standing who have completed at least one term at the university are eligible to apply for a grant up to the maximum available for each type of activity. Students are limited to one grant per academic year (September - August). CSP will not award grants for activities that occur after a student has graduated.
Students should plan to meet with their CSP advisor to discuss how their plans align with their academic and/or personal goals. Advisors will be asked to complete a brief recommendation form after the student's application is received.
Applications will be accepted during the following times:
- Spring/Summer Activities: January 1 - April 1
- Fall Term Activities: May 1 - August 1
- Winter Term Activities: September 1 - December 1
Award decisions will be made within 15 business days of the application deadline for each application period.
If awarded a grant, students must agree to submit a (minimum) 1 page reflection on their experience within 30 days following the conclusion of the funded activity.
Funds awarded are only applicable to the term for which the funds are awarded. To be eligible for a future term, students must re-apply for funding specific to that term.
Co-Sponsorships for Student Organizations
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016-17 academic year. The application for the 2017-18 academic year will be available August 1, 2017.
CSP invites applications for co-sponsorships to support events and activities that will enhance the experience of our community through the following types of programming:
- Educational (up to $500 maximum) - Programming that will educate campus community on a specific topic (e.g. financial literacy and study skills workshops, forums, and guest lectures)
- Social (up to $250 maximum) - Programming that will build campus community (e.g. welcome week events, mix and mingles, and scholarship/award banquets)
- Outreach (up to $350 maximum) - Philanthropic activities such as pre-college events, and community engagement efforts
Undergraduate student organizations are eligible to request funds (up to a maximum of $500) and must be affiliated with the University of Michigan (i.e. a registered student organization). Groups are limited to one co-sponsorship per academic year (September - April).
Funding requests must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the scheduled event date but no later than the application deadline for the term. The deadline for requesting funding for fall term activities is October 31. The deadline for winter term activities is February 28. CSP will not consider applications for spring/summer term activities.
Funding decisions will be made within 10 business days of submission of the co-sponsorship application.
Publicity and Reporting Requirements
If funded, the Comprehensive Studies Program should be acknowledged in all promotional materials. The student organization is also required to submit a report within 30 days following the conclusion of the program/event in order to be considered for future funding through CSP. The report should summarize the event outcomes e.g. attendance data, event surveys or other data that demonstrates whether or not your program met its established objective(s).