PitE recognizes the work that PitE course GSIs and students provide to the PitE community and greater environmental community on campus. Each year, PitE gives awards to individuals and seeks nominations from faculty and students.
Any PitE instructor or student is welcomed and encouraged to nominate a GSI or student for these awards using the online nomination forms below. Nominations will close in March 2016.
All PitE Service Award winners will be recognized at the PitE Graduation Reception, which is held the Friday before spring commencement.
Nominate an Outstanding Student
This award recognizes up to four graduating PitE seniors who have demonstrated both high academic achievement and dedicated service to PitE. Service can include leadership in PitE Club, working as a peer advisor, or engaging the community. Self-nominations are welcomed.
Nominate a student by completing the online form below. You’ll be asked to provide the following information:
- Leadership positions held by the student (e.g. within PitE Club, U-M student organizations)
- A description of how the student demonstrates service to PitE
- Examples of the student’s contribution in leading a project, initiative, or major event in PitE or on campus.
Outstanding Student Nomination Form (powered by Qualtrics).
Nominate an Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor
This award recognizes the role PitE course graduate student instructors (GSIs) play in providing undergraduates with exceptional learning experiences.
Nominate a GSI by completing the online nomination form below. You’ll be asked to provide the following information:
- Description of how this GSI demonstrates outstanding commitment to teaching undergraduates
- Examples of how this GSI provided an exceptional learning experience
- Rating of the GSI’s knowledge of subject material
Outstanding GSI Nomination Form (powered by Qualtrics).