Funding is available for PitE students doing an approved internship for credit. This fund was made possible by the generous donation from Jim and Wendy Abrams. This fund was established to develop internship opportunities for student in PitE. Students doing an internship for practical experience credit (and working through the Michigan Internship Learning Environment, MILE) are eligible to apply for this funding.
Students who are doing an internship for credit who have significant expenses that are not covered by a stipend should apply. Students who receive financial aid during the academic year will receive priority. Students who have already completed a practical experience may be considered for this internship scholarship. This is the only exception to PitE's rule of one scholarship per student rule.
This funding can be used to cover:
- Transportation to/from internship site (i.e. airfare, daily commuting costs)
- Room and Board (i.e. rent and food) in the city of internship employment
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Be a declared PitE student doing an approved internship.
- Demonstrate both financial need and solid academic achievement
- Funds are awarded after the student has completed Stages 1 and 2 in MILE
Students can apply for funding starting in October.