The Kelsey Museum of Archaeology recognizes the diversity of our visitors, and we offer a variety of programs and services to ensure the accessibility of the Museum and its collection.
For general access information, call 734.764.4167.
For program information, call 734.764.4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the University of Michigan and the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion:
- All public areas of the Museum are wheelchair accessible. The Maynard Street entrance has power assist doors and there is elevator access to the second floor and Museum gift shop.
- All events in the Museum are wheelchair accessible; however doors in the Newberry Wing are not on power assist.
- The Museum does not provide mobility devices but welcomes your personal walkers, wheelchairs, and motorized wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on the first and second floor of the Upjohn Wing. Elevators are located throughout the Museum.
- There are permanent benches in several locations in the gallery.
Accessible Parking Locations
- Parking lot behind the LS&A Building, next to the Kelsey Museum on Maynard Street (1 space). Proceed to sidewalk and head north to the first intersecting sidewalk (turn right), follow this to the ramp on the south side of the Museum.
- East William Street, near the corner of East William Street and Maynard Street (1 space).
- Follow Maynard Street to the Kelsey Museum (on left past Helen Newberry Residence). Use the sidewalk past the Museum (south side) to access the ramp to the Maynard entrance.
- South State Street, across the street from the Kelsey Museum (1 space). Crosswalks are available at William Street and at a pedestrian crosswalk south of the parking space. Proceed down South State Street to the Kelsey Museum. Use the sidewalk to the south of the Museum to access the Maynard Street entrance.
- Maynard Parking Structure, on Maynard Street, north of the Kelsey Museum (14 spaces). Travel south on Maynard Street (to your right if coming from the Maynard side of the structure/ left if exiting on Thompson Street). Follow Maynard Street to the Kelsey Museum (on left past Helen Newberry Residence). Use the sidewalk past the Museum (south side) to access the ramp to the Maynard entrance.
Please refer to the accessible parking map for more information.