In any given year, WISE RP students express a strong interest in critical services and touch points that are often unavailable or difficult to access at the University of Michigan. Additionally, there are major theoretical concepts that often need an active component to sharpen the learning moment for students from a co-curricular lens.
The WISE RP Passport to Success program will allow students to learn more about themselves as students, future STEM leaders, and as human beings. WISE RP leadership team implements workshops, speakers and panels, and critical conversations that elevate and enhance student learning in a living & learning environment.
In congruence with outcomes for both the broader Michigan Learning Communities and the introductory ALA 107 and 108 WISE RP membership courses, students will know success by:
- Gaining an appreciation for campus support resources and how best to leverage touch points within their own journeys.
- Developing a solid sense of connection and belonging to the WISE RP community.
- Apply curricular concepts from academic coursework.
- Actively engaging with WISE RP staff and student leaders individually and collectively.
- Possessing an increased sense of self-efficacy across various developmental topics.
- Holding themselves accountable for meeting Passport standards and expectations.