- For Current Students
- Cognitive Science Community
- Prospective Students
- DEI Support Resources for Students
- Student Spotlight
- Commencement and Graduation
Peer facilitators are upper-level Cognitive Science students who support their peers through:
- Increasing awareness about the CogSci major on campus
- Helping undeclared students explore whether or not CogSci is a good fit
- Creating a sense of community among declared CogSci students
- Answering curriculum/class registration questions for their peers
- Working with their peers on decisions about the future, and the best way to market CogSci as they pursue grad school, internships, or jobs
- Offering strategies to support their peers in time management and studying
- Sharing the student perspective with their peers on courses and opportunities such as research and study abroad
Peer Facilitator Advising
Peer facilitators will offer in-person, virtual, or phone advising throughout the semester, with the ability to select their preferred format.
In order to safely social distance, the study tables in the Weiser Suite will be allocated for peer facilitators only.
In accordance with University policy, students MUST wear a mask at advising appointments, regardless of vaccination status. Students who refuse to wear a mask will have their appointment cancelled.
Students may only come a maximum of 5 minutes prior to their appointment and must wait in designated areas. If a student has not checked in 10 minutes after their appointment slot, their appointment will be cancelled.
Don't see a time that works for you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule!