The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers several different programs throughout the academic year designed to assist University of Michigan undergraduate students on the Ann Arbor campus to discover the world of research through collaborations with U-M researchers. Students participating in the program are called research assistants and work alongside a faculty member, research scientist or professional practitioner on an ongoing or new research project.
Fall-Winter Program Requirements
Regardless of which program students participate, all students are:
- Required to conduct research with a UROP Mentor
- Assigned a peer advisor who they meet with on a regular basis
- Required to attend seminar meetings in addition to conducting research
- Expected to apply directly to faculty Mentors (with the aid of a peer advisor and UROP staff liaisons) to work projects the STUDENT finds interesting and engaging
- Responsible for scheduling their own research hours around the rest of their academic schedule
The Incoming Freshman application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now available!
Early decision deadline: May 25, 2018
Regular decision deadline: June 29, 2018
Late decision deadline: August 3, 2018
The UROP sophomore application for 2018-2019 is now available!
Early decision deadline: March 23, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases after the early decision deadline, until all spots are filled.
You are eligible to submit a sophomore application if you will be a sophomore and/or beginning your 2nd year at the University of Michigan in Fall 2018. In addition, you can NOT have participated in UROP or MRC during the Fall 2017/Winter 2018.
If you have any questions or experience an error with your application, please email email@example.com.