The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers several different programs throughout the academic year for University of Michigan-Ann Arbor undergraduate students to discover the world of research through collaborations with UM researchers. Students participating in the program are called research assistants and work alongside a faculty member, research scientist or professional practitioner on an ongoing or new research project.
Fall-Winter Program Requirements
Participants in all programs are:
- Required to conduct research with a UROP Mentor
- Assigned a peer facilitator with whom they meet on a regular basis
- Required to attend seminar meetings in addition to conducting research
- Expected to apply directly to faculty Mentors (with the aid of a peer facilitator and UROP staff liaisons) to work on projects the STUDENT finds interesting and engaging
- Responsible for scheduling their own research hours around the rest of their academic schedule
The Incoming Freshman application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now closed.
The UROP sophomore application is now available through February 1st, 2019
If you have any questions or experience an error with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.