The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers several different programs throughout the academic year for University of Michigan-Ann Arbor undergraduate students to discover the world of research through collaborations with UM researchers. Students participating in the program are called research assistants and work alongside a faculty member, research scientist or professional practitioner on an ongoing or new research project.
Fall-Winter Program Requirements
Participants in all programs are:
- Required to conduct research with a UROP Mentor
- Assigned a peer advisor with whom they meet on a regular basis
- Required to attend seminar meetings in addition to conducting research
- Expected to apply directly to faculty Mentors (with the aid of a peer advisor and UROP staff liaisons) to work on projects the STUDENT finds interesting and engaging
- Responsible for scheduling their own research hours around the rest of their academic schedule
The Incoming Freshman application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now available!
Early decision deadline: May 25, 2018
Regular decision deadline: June 29, 2018
Late decision deadline: August 3, 2018
The UROP sophomore application for 2018-2019 is now available!
Early decision deadline: March 23, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases after the early decision deadline, until all spots are filled.
You are eligible to submit a sophomore application if you will be a sophomore and/or beginning your 2nd year at the University of Michigan in Fall 2018. In addition, you can NOT have participated in UROP or MRC during the Fall 2017/Winter 2018.
If you have any questions or experience an error with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.