- All News
- Search News
- UROP Associate Director Catalina Ormsby Receives Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award
- UROP Welcomes New Director: Dr. Michelle Ferrez
- Thirty Years of UROP: Explore More
- 30th Anniversary of UROP Program
- A two-way street: UROP Peer Facilitators support first-year, second-year, and transfer students in their research and academics — and learn from them in the process
- UROP adapts to COVID crisis
- Corey J. Schiffman, MD
- Brent Frey, DDS
- Jane Brown, PhD Candidate
- Yaera Spraggins, Recently Published UROP Alumni
- Scott Koenigbauer, PhD Candidate
- Olivia Negris, Doctoral Candidate
- Michael DiDonato, UROP Alumni
- Vivian Kurtz UROP Alumni
- Geoffrey Jenkins, UROP Alumni
- Rhonda Fields, MSW - UROP Alumni
- Trey Thomas UROP Alumni
- Elizabeth Schill UROP Alumni
- Ryan Shami UROP Alumni
- Melissa Manley, PhD Candidate
- Tejash Patel, PhD
- GradeCraft helps UROP students become more curious and better researchers
- Lamira Ray, MPH
- Joshua Hurlburt, DDS
- Megan Wampler - UROP Alumni
- UROP Student Spotlight - Yasmeen Berry
- Celina Romano, JD, PhD Candidate
- Mikel Haggadone, PhD Candidate
- Colby Hanley, UROP Alumni
- Ian Waters, PhD
- Yannah Melle UROP Alumni
- Nida Ali, MPH
- Julia Wang, MD-PhD
- Ryan McWay, Research Area Specialist Associate
- Aracely Marroquin, CCSFP Researcher Awarded Grant
- Undergraduate student research spring symposium goes virtual
- Shannon Shaughnessy UROP Alumni
- Asa Smith, PhD, RN
- Archived News
- Lessons from virtual summer fellowship in Detroit linger for students
- All Events
What years did you participate in UROP?
What UROP Program(s) were you a part of?
Traditional UROP as a Freshman, Social Sciences Discipline
What made you choose UROP?
Easier way to get access to research opportunities
What do you think you have learned from your UROP experience?
I learned more about the significance of research and the ins and outs of how research studies are conducted.
What is the extent to which you have kept in contact with your Research Mentor?
We kept in touch while I was an undergrad
How did your UROP experience shape or inform the next steps you took in your academic and professional journey?
It helped me choose my major and allowed me to integrate my passion of psychology with my passion of public health.
Where are you in your professional journey?
I am a healthcare operations associate at General Electric Healthcare. In their consulting arm, I manage the projects that are conducted at hospitals and health systems. I also do market research to stay informed about the healthcare market.
What advice would you give to a current UROP student?
Take advantage of UROP by exposing yourself to the research world. Build connections with others in the program and gain skills that you can't always gain in a classroom setting.
What are some recent publications or accomplishments that you are proud of?
Understanding Patient Questions about their Medical Records in an Online Health Forum: Opportunity for Patient Portal Design