Where We Are
1190 Undergraduate Science Building
204 Washtenaw Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2215
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program is located in the Undergraduate Science Building (USB) on the University of Michigan's central campus.
Getting to the UROP Office
UROP is located on the first floor of the Undergraduate Science Building (USB) between Palmer Commons and the Life Sciences Institute and North of the Biological Sciences Building and the Museum of Natural History. There are three main walking paths to reach UROP:
- Follow the pedestrian path to the south of the Power Center which will lead right in to the USB. Walk through the USB entrance and take a right turn down the corridor.
- Follow the pedestrian path off North University Ave. between the Dental School and the Biological Sciences Building. The USB will be the first building to your left. Enter the building, turn right and walk down the hallway. UROP will be near the end of the hallway on the left hand side. (Please Note: This path is under construction.)
- Follow the pedestrian overpass across Washtenaw avenue near Couzens Residence Hall and the Biomedical Sciences Research Building. The path will take you past Palmer Commons on your right. The next building will be the USB. Enter the building, turn right and walk the length of the hallway till you can make a 90 degree left hand turn down the other hallway. UROP will be on your right hand side.
Getting to the Undergraduate Science Building
Click below for directions to the USB:
Visitor parking is available in the Palmer Parking Structure. This parking structure is underneath the Undergraduate Science Building and next to Palmer Commons.
To get to the parking structure:
- Turn into Palmer Drive from Washtenaw Ave. Once you reach Palmer Drive, you will need to use the 2nd parking entrance that is marked "Visitor Parking".
- Pull a ticket, (it is $2 per hour) and park on levels LL (lower level) and P1 (level 1).
Once you have parked:
- Walk towards the North Elevators and follow the signs that list USB (there are 3 sets of elevators in the structure, east, north and south).
- In the elevator, push the PL Level (Plaza Level) you will exit right in front of the UROP Office.
The Undergraduate Science Building is on central campus in Ann Arbor and is easily accessed by local public transportation or on foot from nearby. There are several park-and-ride lots throughout the city. The #4 bus will deposit you virtually at our front door, but any bus will drop you off at a campus location that is within walking distance. Visit Ann Arbor Transit Authority for more information. There is also the free campus commuter bus which drops you off by the CC Little Building/Central Campus Transit Center. See the Route Maps and Schedules for more details.