- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program (DCERP)
- Engineering Summer Research Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Fellowship
- Mcubed Scholars Program
- Community College Summer Fellowship Program (CCSFP)
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Mellon Scholars
- Frequently Asked Questions
Fellowship Dates: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - Friday, July 31, 2020
Application Opens: Monday, December 9, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020 5pm
Recommendation Deadline: March 2, 2020
Acceptance Notification: will begin on Friday, March 20, 2020
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, May 26 2020
Stipend Award: $4000, (not including housing)
The Engineering summer research program seeks to attract a diverse student population, including women and historically underrepresented students, first generation college students, students from low-income backgrounds, and veterans. Participating undergraduates not only gain confidence in their ability to experience valuable hands-on research and mentoring, but they also learn to appreciate the advantages of pursuing an advanced degree.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2020.
- Students are encouraged not to take spring or summer courses while participating in the fellowship program due to workload and potential impact on financial aid package.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required weekly workshops.
- Must present at the Summer Symposium.
Complete the online application, which includes the following documents:
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official Transcript