- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program (DCERP)
- Engineering Summer Research Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Fellowship
- Mcubed Scholars Program
- Community College Summer Fellowship Program (CCSFP)
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Mellon Scholars
Fellowship Dates: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - Friday, July 31, 2020
Application Opens: Monday, December 9, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, February 14, 5pm
Recommendation Deadline: February 28, 2020
Acceptance Notification: will begin on Friday, March 20, 2020
Stipend Award: $4000, does not include housing
The University of Michigan Center for Human Growth and Development (CHGD), in partnership with the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), seeks to provide selected UM undergraduates at all years of study with a $4,000 stipend for a 10-week fellowship to work under the supervision of a University of Michigan faculty member conducting research related to children and adolescents (prenatal to 22 years) and/or their families.
Suitable mentors will be identified from the CHGD faculty membership.
- Healthy Youth, Families & Communities
- Language & Literacy
- Behavioral Development
- Media, Technology & Youth Development
- Adolescence and transition to adulthood
- Neurodiversity and Disability
- Developmental Neuroscience
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Culture and Context
Participating undergraduates will perform research and receive mentoring while they contribute to the ultimate CHGD goal of optimizing children's physical, cognitive and socio-emotional development.
In addition to research with a CHGD faculty member, students will participate in a seminar series and present a poster of their summer work at the UROP Summer Symposium during the last week of the program.
The CHGD-UROP program seeks to attract a broadly diverse student population, which includes women and historically underrepresented students, as well as first generation college students and students from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2020.
- Students are encouraged not to take spring or summer courses while participating in the Center for Human Growth and Development fellowship program due to workload and potential impact on financial aid package.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required workshops
- Must present at the Summer Symposium.
Application informational video recordings now available! Click the buttons below: