- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program (DCERP)
- Engineering Summer Research Fellowship
- Community College Summer Fellowship Program (CCSFP)
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Mellon Scholars
- Frequently Asked Questions
Fellowship Dates: May 31, 2022 - August 5, 2022
Application Opens: Monday, December 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, February 25, 2022
Recommendation Deadline: March 4, 2022
Acceptance Notifications Begin: March 14, 2022
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Stipend Award: $4000, (not including housing)
The Biomedical and Life Sciences Fellowship Program encourages students from diverse populations to consider pursuing graduate work in the Biomedical and Life Sciences fields by engaging them in an intensive 10-week full-time summer research experience. Participating undergraduates not only gain confidence in their ability to experience valuable hands-on research and mentoring, but they also learn to appreciate the advantages of pursuing an advanced degree. Students in the program participate in facilitated lunch box discussions, journal clubs, networking events, and seminars co-sponsored by the University of Michigan Medical School and Rackham Graduate School.
Benefits of being a UROP Biomedical and Life Science Fellow include:
- Collaborate with a University of Michigan researcher at the forefront of their career.
- Network with undergraduates, graduates and researchers from diverse backgrounds.
- Obtain transferrable skills you can apply to your academic coursework.
- Participate in professional development and Graduate School Preparation activities.
- Present at UROP Summer Symposium.
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2022.
- University of Michigan UROP summer research participants will NOT be allowed to enroll in Spring-Summer classes at the University of Michigan unless the summer fellow is pre-approved by the Director of UROP. Summer research fellows receive paid stipends and if a summer research fellow is enrolled in spring-summer classes and receiving financial aid, the stipend could have a negative impact on the research fellows’ financial aid for spring and/or summer terms.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required weekly workshops.
Complete the online application, which includes the following documents:
- Personal Statement, attached as a PDF to your application
- Unofficial Transcripts, attached as a PDF to your application
- Resume, attached as a PDF to your application
- Letter of Recommendation
- The application will request your recommender's email address. After submitting your application, the recommender will receive an email with instructions for submitting their letter. Please instruct the recommender to contact UROP if they are having trouble.
For more information please email us at email@example.com.
Click the buttons below to learn more about: