- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program (DCERP)
- Engineering Summer Research Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Fellowship
- Community College Summer Fellowship Program (CCSFP)
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Mellon Scholars
- Frequently Asked Questions
Fellowship Dates: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - Friday, August 6, 2021
Application Opens: Monday, December 7, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, February 12, 5pm
Recommendation Letter Deadline: March, 2021
Acceptance Notification: March, 2021
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Stipend Award: $4000, (not including housing)
The Biomedical and Life Sciences Fellowship Program encourages students from diverse populations to consider pursuing graduate work in the Biomedical and Life Sciences fields by engaging them in an intensive 10-week full-time summer research experience. Participating undergraduates not only gain confidence in their ability to experience valuable hands-on research and mentoring, but they also learn to appreciate the advantages of pursuing an advanced degree. Students in the program participate in facilitated lunch box discussions, journal clubs, networking events, and seminars co-sponsored by the University of Michigan Medical School and Rackham Graduate School.
Benefits of being a UROP Biomedical and Life Science Fellow include:
- Collaborate with a University of Michigan researcher at the forefront of their career.
- Network with undergraduates, graduates and researchers from diverse backgrounds.
- Obtain transferrable skills you can apply to your academic coursework.
- Participate in professional development and Graduate School Preparation activities.
- Present at UROP Summer Symposium.
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2021.
- Students are encouraged not to take spring or summer courses while participating in the Biomedical and Life Science fellowship program due to workload and potential impact on financial aid package.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required weekly workshops.
Complete the online application, which includes the following documents:
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
For more information please email us at email@example.com.
Click the buttons below to learn more about: