Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$root.page}}

History

The history of the Museum of Anthropological Archaeology began in 1837 with the relocation of the University to Ann Arbor and the creation of its first University Museum. The Anthropology Museum was formally established in 1922, and moved to its home in the Ruthven Building in 1928. For nearly a century since then, the University of Michigan Museum of Anthropological Archaeology has been a vital center of archaeological research and teaching.