Show us what you’ve got! Submit all of the following before the deadline.
- A completed Common Application or Coalition Application with the University of Michigan supplemental essays. (Please note that both application options include specific University of Michigan questions, and there is not an advantage to submitting one over the other.)
- $75 application fee or fee waiver request
- Final official secondary school record (translation: high school transcript), including 9-12th grades, and graduation date or GED results, if applicable. If you earned a GED, submit your high school transcript for whatever time you attended high school.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (such as colleges and universities), including college transcripts for any dual-enrolled courses. Note that we require an explanation for any withdrawals (W), incompletes (I), or gaps in education. Please provide this explanation in the “additional information” section of the application.
- ACT or SAT if you took them when you were in high school. If you did not take them in high school, you do not need to take them.
- Request your official ACT or SAT scores sent from the testing agency directly to the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor:
- ACT (U-M code is 2062)
- SAT (U-M code is 1839)
- If English is not your first language, you must take the MELAB, TOEFL, IELTS, ECPE, CPE, or CAE. Please see the exams and visas page for required score ranges.
- List of all current and future courses
- Optional: Academic evaluator/instructor recommendation (Note: this is not required, but it’s an additional opportunity to make a good impression)
*As of August 1, 2018, the University of Michigan will no longer require the writing component of the ACT nor the optional essay component of the SAT for admission consideration.
Choose your term
You can apply for any of our academic terms
Fall (starts August 31, 2020)
Winter (starts January 8, 2020)
Spring (starts May 5, 2020)
Summer (starts July 1, 2020)
Submit your application
Aug 1 Application available for all terms
Oct 1 Winter Term Application Deadline
Feb 1 Application Deadline for Fall Term, Spring Half Term, and Summer Half Term
Submit your FAFSA and CSS Profile
Available on October 1 each year
Submit your enrollment deposit
May 1 deadline for Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms