LSA Technology Services is offering support of departmental graduation ceremonies and other large live departmental events. Talk with one of our consultants to see if one of our options will work for you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.615.0100.
Asynchronous - Any size of event
- Create a video before the event, and have it scheduled to play live to a website (e.g. YouTube, Departmental Website, etc.). Every invited guest would share the same live experience at the same time.
- A live group chat may be utilized, based on the chosen platform.
- LSA's Technology Services and Marketing and Communications have collaborated to build a customizable website template that includes a placeholder for a YouTube video. You can find links to previews of this template in this form
- Please submit this form to request use of the template.
- Questions about your department's website should be directed to LSATechnologyServices@umich.edu.
- Our videographers are not available to directly support the recording and/or editing of these videos. However, our video consultants are available to advise and connect you to software, training, and other resources available from within and outside of LSA.
Live Virtual Event - More Intimate
- Provide your guests a virtual space and time to meet with each other.
- Can be made into a public or private event.
- Could support a structured or free flowing type of event.
- Features could include video sharing, mic/audio sharing, a group chat, and more.
- Could be partially or fully self-service, based on your event's needs.
Live Virtual Event - Large Capacity
- Provide a highly organized event with multiple remote presenters and a passive audience.
- A hierarchy of roles would control what participants would be able to share into the event, such as limitations to send video, mic,/audio, or chat messages.
- Could be made into a private event or a hybrid of private and public access.
- Video consultants are available to assist with every step of the process, from conception to execution.