LSA Technology Services will be performing standard IT maintenance on the LSA Linux and Windows servers. These servers and services may be temporarily unavailable starting at 5:00 am on Saturday, October 10. All services are expected to be restored by 6:00 pm, Saturday, October 10.
What are we doing?
We're performing routine maintenance:
• Applying firmware and software updates
• Decommissioning and moving physical equipment
• Performing additional software maintenance
• Testing business continuity plans
What services will be impacted and for how long?
The following services will have intermittent outages of 15 minutes or fewer between 5:00 am and 6:00 am Saturday, October 10, for bimonthly operating system patching:
• Classroom database
• Faculty, Lab, and Research Websites (FLR)
• Museums collections services (CA, IPT, and Specify)
• Web Hosting Environment (WHE)
• WordPress for Instructors & Students (I&S)
Additionally, the following services will have intermittent outages between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm Saturday, October 10:
• Bomgar screen-sharing
• Citrix Digital Workspace
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• SharePoint services for the college and university
• Windows Lifecycle Management System (WLMS)
In addition there may be brief (under 5-minute) network outages inside our LSA Building data center as we consolidate down from three to two network switches.
If you have any questions about this maintenance activity, please contact the LSA Technology Services IT Service Desk (734.615.0100 x2) for assistance.