The TAC subscribes to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines to ensure test integrity and security. Our current policy ensures that we are administering tests based on approved accommodations, that technology does not have the potential to modify an instructor's essential course requirements, or potentially give a student an unfair advantage.
In order to use specific technology provided by the TAC, the device, software or application must:
- be listed as an accommodation on the VISA letter.
- not require a personal login.
- not require Internet connectivity.
A student must have:
- approval from Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) as seen on the Verified Individualized Services and Accommodations (VISA) letter.
- indication that technology will be used for the exam as submitted on the TAC Reservation by the course instructor.
NOTE: Please see Personal Technology policy below.
Available TAC Technology
The following equipment does not have internet connectivity:
- iMac desktop computers
- PC desktop computers
NOTE: Limited quantities available. Reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Requesting Technology Not Currently Available at the TAC
Students requesting the use of specific hardware and/or software, not currently available at the TAC, must understand the following:
- The hardware, software or application must have exclusive features directly related to an impairment.
- The hardware, software, or application must be approved by a student’s Coordinator in SSD and documented as a test accommodation as seen on the VISA letter.
- The hardware, software, or application must not require a personal login.
- The hardware, software, or application must not require Internet connectivity.
- The equipment is a reasonable accommodation provided by the University as determined and approved by SSD.
- The equipment is an approved item for purchase by SSD and/or the TAC.
- The equipment can be realistically installed by the exam date.
NOTE: There is never a guarantee that requested hardware or software can be provided by the TAC.
If TAC technology including a device, software, or application does not meet the specifications above, please see the Personal Technology policy below.
Approved use of personal technology (laptops, tablets, smart phones and watches, USB/Flash Drives, etc.) for an exam must be clearly indicated in the note section for each individual student on the TAC reservation.
If personal technology is approved, the TAC will not be responsible for:
- arranging for personal technology.
- picking up personal technology outside of the TAC.
- returning personal technology outside of the TAC.
- verifying any content on the personal technology before or after the exam.
- verifying whether the personal technology has Wi-Fi or internet connectivity and/or whether the student has utilized it.
- verifying whether the student has utilized unapproved applications or software on the device.
- test integrity being compromised because of the use of personal technology.
- answering questions or triaging connectivity issues related to the device.
- printing exam responses. Instructors must determine how best to retrieve exam responses off devices outside of the TAC.
- If personal technology has been approved for an exam, the student will NOT have access to TAC technology.
- Students may not bring carrying cases, or any bag used for the equipment, into the testing area.
- If technology is checked out from Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD), it would be considered Personal Technology and would need to be approved by the instructor on the reservation.
Online Exams and Quizzes
Internet-based exams (such as exams on Canvas) are requirements due to course content and are not considered an accommomodation due to disability.
Please understand the following:
- TAC computers do not have Internet connectivity.
- Internet connectivity is not a test accommodation.
- If an exam is only accessible through the Internet, students at the TAC must use their own "Personal Technology."
- "Personal Technology" must be approved on the TAC Reservation Site for each exam.
- TAC staff do not answer questions or triage issues related to "Personal Technology" devices or connectivity to online exams or quizzes or verify whether the student has utilized unapproved applications or software on the device.