1. Meet with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
2. Obtain a Verified Individualized Services & Accommodations (VISA) Letter
If appropriate, SSD representative will provide you with a Verified Individualized Services and Accommodations (VISA) letter .
3. Discuss Your VISA with Your Instructor
- Discuss your VISA with your instructor within the first two weeks of class, or immediately upon receiving the letter.
- Please ensure your instructor is aware of all your accommodation needs (i.e. If a computer is needed and the specific reasons you need a computer as outlined on your VISA form).
4. Confirm Accommodation Arrangements with Instructor
Work with the Instructor to receive appropriate testing accommodations in the classroom or department.
- To provide equity and inclusion, the default should be that test accommodations are facilitated by the instructor in the classroom or department.
- Understand that in normal circumstances, extended-time accommodations are the responsibility of the instructor and are a low priority for the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC).
If appropriate testing accommodations cannot be facilitated by the instructor, ask that they complete a reservation request at the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC) Reservation Site.
- Understand that a request for test accommodations may not necessarily result in a test reservation in the Testing Accommodation Center.
- Reservations are made on a "first-come, first-served" basis, as space is limited.
- Reservation requests by your instructor must be made no later than two weeksbefore a quiz or exam and no later than thirty days before a final exam.
- If a reservation cannot be secured, it is the instructor's responsibility to provide the accommodations.
If the test reservation request has been approved, you will receive an e-mail from the Testing Accommodation Center.
- The email confirmation will include location, date and time of arrival, and other important information regarding your reservation/s.
- Please check your SPAM folder as TAC emails may not be found in your inbox.