Podcasts for Peer Tutors/Consultants
Here at Sweetland we have a large number of audio clips recorded during different sessions at our Peer Writing Centers. These clips reveal several common challenges and scenarios that our consultants have faced and approached with varying methods. We’ve created five podcasts showcasing clips centered around thought-provoking issues:
- How can you help with that all-too-tricky part of the paper: conclusions?
- What do you do when you’re unfamiliar with the genre of writing someone is working on?
- How do you continue a session when you and the writer aren’t connecting at all?
- What place does social justice have in the writing center?
- What are effective strategies that you may use in your everyday tutoring experiences?
We hope these podcasts will not only bring to mind relatable experiences you’ve had as a writing consultant, but will also inspire you to think of many new questions to bring to future sessions and your understanding of tutoring philosophy.