This workshop is designed to help graduate students identify and meet the challenges of academic writing in the Social Sciences and Humanities. It will offer practical suggestions on how to:
- Contextualize, frame, and test an effective argument
- Strengthen the structure of an argument
- Identify writing conventions in your discipline
- Situate your work within the existing scholarship of your field
- Write with clarity and precision at the level of sentence, paragraph, and section
- Solicit and respond to feedback from advisors and peers
This workshop will be useful for Social Science and Humanities graduate students writing seminar papers, dissertations, conference papers and articles. Co-sponsored by Rackham and the Sweetland Center for Writing.
Pre-registration is required at https://secure.rackham.umich.edu/Events/wssel.php.
Click the image above to download the 1920x1080 digital sign.