- Academic Policies and Processes
- Curriculum and Courses
- Financial Aid Resources
- Honors Program
- Law, Justice, and Social Change
- Major of the Month
- Project Community
- Sociology of Health & Medicine
- Sociology Major
- Sociology Opportunities for Undergraduate Leadership (SOUL)
- Student Organizations
- Sociology Undergraduate Research Opportunity - SOC 394
- Transfer Credit & Study Abroad
- What can I do with a Sociology degree?
- Writing Awards
First-Generation College Students @ Michigan
First-Generation College Students @ Michigan (First-Gens) is open to all U-M students. The group is dedicated to recognizing, raising awareness of, and resolving the needs of undergraduate first-generation college students on the University of Michigan's campus. First-Gens meets weekly and plans events designed to increase the transparency of information available to undergraduates as they navigate university life. The group also networks with other first-generation-friendly organizations on campus and provides opportunities for mentoring.
For information about First-Gens meetings or events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read a recent Michigan Daily opinion piece by recent LSA alumna Serena Hinz on the University's response to the presence of first-generation college students on U-M's campus.