- New Books
- Culture and Knowledge Area
- Economic Sociology and Organization Area
- Gender and Sexuality Area
- Health and Healthcare Area
- Power, History, and Social Change Area
- Race, Ethnicity, and Immigration Area
- Social Demography Area
- Conversations in Michigan Sociology
- Symposia and Special Events
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
As one of the largest and most methodologically and topically diverse departments in the United States, the Department of Sociology at the University of Michigan is well-situated to confront issues related to the discipline. Accordingly, considering Michigan sociology in particular, a more specific question is how might the faculty of the Department of Sociology at the University of Michigan uniquely respond to, challenge, or manage specific conditions in its pursuit of scholarship and intellectual engagement? These larger and more specific questions comprise the agenda for the department's annual Conversations in Michigan Sociology symposium.
Follow the accordions below to read a description of each year's "Conversation"; at the end of each section, you will find a link to the video of each event.