Students request recommendation letters through the MCompass system. Letters should speak to the following questions:
- What is your relationship with the student?
- Semester in Detroit is an immersive internship experience in a social-justice based Urban Studies program. Why is the student a good fit?
- Students accepted into the program live and attend classes within a cohort of ~12-15 students. What strengths do you anticipate the student bringing to their cohort?
- How do you think the student will benefit from the program?
- What challenges might the student have during the program? How might they need to be supported by SiD staff and faculty?
Only one letter is required, though you may submit two if desired. Your recommendations may be professional or academic, but they should speak well to your capabilities and character.
Note: recommendation letters may be submitted after the application deadline, but a final decision about your admittance to the program will not be determined until we receive a letter.
If recommenders have any issues submitting their letters, please have them email firstname.lastname@example.org.