- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- SiD’s Differential Impact: Meet Erica and Kira (SiD Fall ‘18)
- What's it like to spend a week in the life of a fall SiD student?
- SiD Collaborates with the Rackham Program in Public Scholarship
- Meet Ujijji Davis, SiD Spring ‘19 Guest Lecturer
- Welcome Our Spring/Summer 2019 Cohort
- Thanks for Making SiD.10 a Smash Success!
- GVSU Completes Successful Pilot Program - Semester in Grand Rapids
- Congratulations, Jon Quintal from UM-Dearborn!
- Welcome, Fall 2019 Cohort!
- All Events
Just three short weeks ago, SiD welcomed to Detroit our 21st cohort for a multi-day orientation. With students hailing everywhere from, Berkeley and Oakland, California, to Oak Park, Illinois, to many places throughout Michigan (Rogers City, Southgate, Caro, Grand Rapids, and Detroit), we anticipate a dynamic and challenging semester of learning and doing together! (And this includes fun group outings like our recent trip to see the Tigers amazing 12-11 win against the Yankees. Thanks to current SiD student, Jensen Bigelow, for the great photos shown above!) Now, with two weeks of classes under their belts, and well into the second week of their internships, our students are beginning to develop a mindful and grounded approach to the many different kinds of experiences that will unfold before them in Detroit this fall.
SiD is proud to welcome aboard our newest community partners - ANDY and Detroit is Different - who have collaborated to host one of our students from Grand Valley State University. In addition, SiD is thrilled to continue developing long-term partnerships with our other internship hosts: Alternatives For Girls, City of Detroit Department of Planning and Development, Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, D-Town Farms, Detroit Audubon, Detroit Justice Center, James and Grace Lee Boggs School, and the Southwest Detroit Community Benefits Coalition. Stay tuned all semester for more news about the fall 2019 cohort!