- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- What's it like to spend a week in the life of a fall SiD student?
- A week in the life of a SiD student - spring/summer edition!
- Alumni Perspective: Ali Elatrache
- Alumni Perspective: Natalie Suh
- Alumni Perspective: Hannah Myers
- SiD Moves Around Detroit
- SiD Welcomes Jamon Jordan to Faculty
- SiD's Quad-Campus Collaboration
- SiD Expands Curriculum in 2022
- Alumni Perspective: Alana Burke
- Alumni Perspective: Mekulash Baron-Galbavi
- Thank You, Rion Berger!
- 25th Cohort Wraps Up!
- SiD26 Gets Out of the Classroom
- SiD Welcomes Rose Gorman and Neil Kagerer
- Briana Hurt - UM-Dearborn and SiD28 Alum
- Semester in Detroit offers inclusive and immersive educational experiences
- All Events
Due to the pandemic crisis that emerged in Michigan in early March, regrettably, we had to cancel the second half of our Detroiters Speak series for this semester - Detroit 2020: People, Power and Politics. You can access recordings of the first four sessions as well as suggested readings here on the Detroiters Speak website.
Moving forward, Semester in Detroit is excited to announce a new partnership with the General Baker Institute to develop an online version of Detroiters Speak for this spring and summer (UM students can register here for the 1-credit mini-course.) The theme will focus on the Covid-19 Pandemic and engagement with current organizing and crisis response efforts in the city of Detroit and other national urban "hot-spots" such as NYC, Chicago, Washington and New Orleans.
The first online session of this series - Rona-Virus Hot Spots: WTF is Really Going On? - will be Thursday, April 16th from 2-3:30pm on the General Baker Institute Youtube Channel.
Due to the dynamic and fast-changing nature of this period, future session titles, dates and speakers will be confirmed on a rolling basis as the planning committee continues to assess and respond to this unprecedented crisis. As always, these sessions will be free and open to the general public, as well as recorded for future viewing opportunities. Contact Craig Regester (SID Associate Director) for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at 313-505-5185.