- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- SiD’s Differential Impact: Meet Erica and Kira (SiD Fall ‘18)
- What's it like to spend a week in the life of a fall SiD student?
- SiD Collaborates with the Rackham Program in Public Scholarship
- Meet Ujijji Davis, SiD Spring ‘19 Guest Lecturer
- Welcome Our Spring/Summer 2019 Cohort
- Thanks for Making SiD.10 a Smash Success!
- GVSU Completes Successful Pilot Program - Semester in Grand Rapids
- Congratulations, Jon Quintal from UM-Dearborn!
- Welcome, Fall 2019 Cohort!
- "The Number One Thing Every Detroiter Must Do (Or, a History of Detroit)"
- Leaders and Best? Questioning the UM “Detroit Center for Innovation”
- A week in the life of a SiD student - spring/summer edition!
- Student Perspective: Choosing a Fall Semester in Detroit
- Beyond Land Acknowledgements
- Detroiters Speak Debut at the New General Baker Institute
- Welcome, Kim Sherobbi - New SiD Community Advisor
- Five Reasons to Do Semester in Detroit in the Fall
- All Events
Ten Reasons to do to Semester in Detroit in Fall 2015!
1. As a longer-term commitment, the benefits of fall are more sustained and rewarding than the shorter spring semester.
3. The first cohort will have the opportunity to help us develop the new fall version of program.
4. Way better weather in Detroit! It's an excellent time for biking, walking around, meeting neighbors, and seeing the city.
5. Beginning SID in the fall semester sets the tone for an entire school year of engaged learning!
6. You are able to use your regular UM financial aid to help cover tuition.
7. A fall SID semester ensures you will be able to maintain year-long connections you make in the program on campus in Ann Arbor!
8. It's harvest season and a great time to get involved with Detroit's urban farming community and eat some great fresh food! Roasted beets anyone?
9. Lions football! World Series in Detroit for the Tigers?
10. Most of all, it's a meaningful, dynamic and fun way to start off the school year!
(And who knows about our football team anyways...)