- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- What's it like to spend a week in the life of a fall SiD student?
- "The Number One Thing Every Detroiter Must Do (Or, a History of Detroit)"
- Leaders and Best? Questioning the UM “Detroit Center for Innovation”
- A week in the life of a SiD student - spring/summer edition!
- Student Perspective: Choosing a Fall Semester in Detroit
- Beyond Land Acknowledgements
- Detroiters Speak Debut at the New General Baker Institute
- Welcome, Kim Sherobbi - New SiD Community Advisor
- Five Reasons to Do Semester in Detroit in the Fall
- Attention Community Partners: SiD Spring Program Cancelled
- What's Next for Detroiters Speak?
- With Solidarity from Semester in Detroit
- Looking for some remote engagement with Detroit this spring semester?
- All Events
As part of the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Office of the Provost's, Transforming Learning for a Third Century Discovery Program, Semester in Detroit and the U-M Detroit Center have been awarded a $45,000 grant to strengthen connections between the Ann Arbor and Detroit communities.
The U-M Detroit Center Connector: Linking Ann Arbor with Detroit, and Detroit with Ann Arbor aims to provide a regular shuttle service between Ann Arbor and Detroit to unleash the full potential of civic engagement and student learning in collaboration with community partners. This 3rd Century Initiative - Discovery and Transformation grant will enable extensive research and planning for the project this spring/summer and a pilot program this fall.
As the first phase of the project, we are distributing two surveys to gauge potential interest in using the shuttle service.
Please take 5 minutes to complete the survey below that best applies to you:
Do you sometimes--or frequently--commute between Detroit and Ann Arbor?
Please take Survey 1: "ANN ARBOR-DETROIT COMMUTER SURVEY"
Are you a faculty member, student group leader, or administrator who might organize group trips to Detroit?
Please take Survey 2: "ANN ARBOR-DETROIT TRANSIT ORGANIZER SURVEY" Note: this survey asks Transit Organizers specific questions about estimated number of participants, approximate times transportation would be needed, and specific locations of the project/event. Participants may find it helpful to have this information on-hand while taking this survey.
Please submit your survey responses by May 3rd, 2013 and feel free to share this message with friends and colleagues!
Interested in getting involved with The U-M Detroit Center Connector project? Please contact SID Associate Director, Craig Regester at email@example.com, to see if your course, project, department, school, college, center or organization could collaborate with this exciting, emerging transportation pilot program!