To qualify for an LSA scholarship, a student:
- Must be an undergraduate currently enrolled full-time and pursuing a degree program (or MDDP) in the College of LSA. (Note: A minor in LSA is not a degree program.)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (i.e. possess a green card).
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid.
- Must have a FAFSA and CSS profile on file with the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) and must renew their FAFSA annually for need-based scholarships.
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) each term.
To maintain a two-year or four-year renewable scholarship, a student:
- Must complete at least 20 hours of volunteer service over the course of the academic year.
- Must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Must complete a Thank You Survey.
Please note: Students applying for merit aid do not need to have a FAFSA and CSS profile on file. Additional requirements may apply to individual scholarships, like study abroad and internships. Full eligibility details can be found on each specific scholarship's page on this site.
Ready to learn more?
The LSA scholarships that are available to you will depend on where you are on your academic journey. Check out our opportunities below!
Looking to further your education through the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts at the University of Michigan? Be sure to browse our scholarship offerings for first-year students.
Welcome! Whether you’re joining us from another college at the University of Michigan, or from a different institution altogether, we have scholarships to help set you up for success.