Learning knows no season. That's why many LSA students choose to continue their studies over the spring and summer terms. If you're considering taking courses or enrolling in an off-campus program, our scholarships can help make your spring and summer a breeze!
What does the scholarship cover?
The Spring/Summer Scholarship covers educational expenses such as tuition, room and board, and textbooks. These scholarships can also be used toward off-campus programs including Semester in Detroit (SiD), New England Literature Program (NELP), Biological Station (BS), and Camp Davis (CD).
Amounts and Duration
The Spring/Summer Scholarship amount is based on a student's financial need and can range anywhere from $500 to $10,000 per year. These awards are non-renewable, but you can apply for them every year.
The application for spring/summer opens on January 1st and closes on March 29th. Applicants will receive notifications by end of April.
To qualify for an LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship, a student:
- Must be an undergraduate enrolled in a degree program (or MDDP) in the College of LSA.
- Must maintain enrollment of 6+ credits for the spring, summer, or spring/summer term.
- Must be a continuing student who has completed at least their first semester by the start of spring term.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (i.e. possess a green card).
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid.
- Must have a FAFSA and CSS profile on file with the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) and must renew their FAFSA annually.
Financial assistance from all sources during the academic year (September thru August) factors into the ongoing review of your financial aid eligibility now and in the future. This includes periods when you may not be actively enrolled in courses, and includes the spring/summer term following graduation. If your total financial aid, including any new offer, exceeds your eligibility for financial assistance this academic year, your aid may be limited in a future term or reduced from previously received assistance. You can learn more about financial aid terms and conditions on the Office of Financial Aid's website.
All eligible LSA students are encouraged to apply through our Spring/Summer Scholarship application. Follow the link below to get started. There are two steps.
Step one: Begin by completing the general application. When asked which scholarship program you are applying to, click the box for "Spring/Summer Scholarship."
Step two: Once the general application has been submitted, you will then be directed to complete the Spring/Summer Scholarship application. Submit this application for full consideration.