Congratulations to Johannes von Moltke! Johannes was awarded LS&A's prestigious John Dewey Award for his commitment to Undergraduate teaching.
TV Director Mark Cendrowski of the "Big Bang Theory" and "The Odd Couple" conducting a TV Directing Workshop for SAC students.
Congratulations to Jim Burnstein! Jim was selected as one of three Collegiate Lecturers on the UM Ann Arbor campus for 2015-2016.
Cinematography, SAC 304.
Congratulations to the Screen Arts & Cultures Class of 2015!
Full Exhibition Runs April 29-September 16, 2015; Hatcher Graduate Library Room 100
Guest TV Writer Janet Leahy (Mad Men; The Cosby Show)
Independent filmmaker John Sayles and Producer Maggie Renzi donated work to UM library Special Collections archive.
New SAC Majors March 2015
Professor Giorgio Bertellini and Roberto Vezzani (Ph.D candidate in Italian and Certificate Student in Screen Arts) talk about the trajectories of Fascist films in 1930s America—Vezzani's dissertation subject.
Screenwriter Kirsten "Kiwi" Smith and the Director of Screenwriting Jim Burnstein in SAC 427 Advanced Screenwriting Workshop on Friday October 3, 2014.
Yeidy Rivero's course: "All in the Sitcom Family", Fall 2014
In Screen Arts & Cultures, we create and study the moving image as seen on multiple screens—on the big screens of movie palaces, the cineplex, the art house and the film festival; on small screens ensconced in mammoth fifties consoles and those of giant flat-screened visual glory. With a strong undergraduate curriculum of production and studies, a burgeoning doctoral program in screen arts and a faculty of award-winning scholars and media makers, Screen Arts & Cultures offers a vibrant intellectual and artistic community here in the Midwest/Great Lakes region.
- Professor Caryl Flinn has published a short piece discussing ways that music and sound encourage audience “singalong” participation in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. June 1, 2015
- SAC '15 Alumna Caroline Schaper wrote two jokes for Letterman's final Top 10 list! CNN's "At This Hour" anchors interviewed Caroline on Wednesday May 27th. May 28, 2015
- Sheldon Cohn's THE PICKLE RECIPE Begins Filming This Week May 22, 2015
- Orson Welles: Beyond the Canon and Into the Archives
04/29/2015 - 09/16/2015;
- Wellespring: A Centenary Celebration of the Inexhaustible Inspiration of Orson Welles - TOO MUCH JOHNSON, a Play Reading
- Wellespring: A Centenary Celebration of the Inexhaustible Inspiration of Orson Welles - Screenings
06/07/2015 - 06/10/2015;