- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Summer Language Institute
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
It is not possible to test out of the language requirement based on your online, unproctored Spanish Placement Test score. If you place into SPANISH 277, you are eligible to meet the language requirement for your school or college by taking an in-person, proctored exam called the Spanish Validation Test.
Alternately, if you wish to enroll in SPANISH 277 instead of validating your score, you can do so. If you complete SPANISH 277 with a C- or better, you will have met the language requirement.
It is your responsibility to keep track of your progress toward meeting the language requirement.
Spanish Validation Test sessions for Fall 2019 will be offered from late August through mid-September.
Before registering for the Spanish Validation Test, please confirm that you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are an incoming student who took the Spanish Placement Test online prior to orientation;
- You placed into SPANISH 277 but do not plan on completing SPANISH 277;
- You do not have AP/IB credit that can be used to meet the language requirement;
- You plan on using the Spanish Validation Test to complete your language requirement.
Please register for the Spanish Validation Test through Sessions. You will be required to log in to the registration page using your Umich email account.
We recommend that you register as soon as possible, as testing dates are limited and seats are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
If you have questions about the placement test, you can direct them to email@example.com.