- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Summer Language Institute
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
It is not possible to test out of the language requirement based on your online, unproctored Spanish Placement Test score. If you place into SPANISH 277/278, you are eligible to meet the language requirement for your school or college by taking an in-person, proctored exam called the Spanish Validation Test.
Alternately, if you wish to enroll in SPANISH 277 (Spanish Grammar and Composition) or SPANISH 278 (Spanish for Heritage Language Learners) instead of validating your score, you can do so. If you complete SPANISH 277 or 278 with a C- or better, you will have met the language requirement.
It is your responsibility to keep track of your progress toward meeting the language requirement.
Before registering for the Spanish Validation Test, please confirm that you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are an incoming student who took the Spanish Placement Test online prior to orientation;
- You placed into SPANISH 277/278 but do not plan on completing SPANISH 277/278;
- You do not have AP/IB credit that can be used to meet the language requirement;
- You plan on using the Spanish Validation Test to complete your language requirement.
Validation Tests for 2021:
Remote validation for the Winter 2021 semester is complete. The next round of validation will take place in the fall. More information including registration instructions will be posted on this page by late summer.
If you placed into SPANISH 277/278 and need to complete validation prior to Fall 2021, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the validation test, you can direct them to email@example.com.