- Campus Day Presentation
- RC Student Blog
- What RC Students Are Saying
- Ten Reasons to Join the RC
- 9 Myths about the Residential College
- Listen to #theRCPodcast & learn about the RC
- What RC Alumni Are Saying
- Transfer Students
- RC Student Groups and Activities
- Got questions? Curious to know more?
- Visit the RC
- Connect with Current RC Students
Learn new ways of seeing the world. Shape old ideas with new perspectives. Challenge, rethink, reconsider.
As the liberal arts become more fluid and find more common ground, older and more rigorous styles of learning have yielded to an interdisciplinary approach. The RC has been ahead of the trend for years. Our faculty have long pioneered courses that capture problems that slip between disciplinary cracks.
RC students balance their studies and worldviews by blending knowledge across courses—using poetry as a vehicle for the visual arts, film as a lens for immigration issues, theater as a means of exploring political theory, or literature as a mirror on a period of artistic creativity. The RC curriculum is designed to be flexible and cross-cutting, looking at problems from unexpected angles and giving students the freedom to pose new questions and challenge received categories.