- Campus Resources
- Curriculum and Programs
- Fall 2023 RC Courses
- Incoming RC Students
- Information for Parents and Families
- Internship Opportunities
- RC Advising
- Student Academic Forms
- Student Life: Orgs & Opportunities
- Transfer Students
- Welcome Week 2023
Confused about how many RC courses to take in your first semester? Don’t worry! RC Orientation will help with answering that! RC students will receive all pertinent information about requirements and course options digitally ahead of your individual Advising Date.
How orientation is going to work
- You’ll get an email from the Office of New Student Programs to complete your online pre-orientation modules
- You can get started on this pre-orientation checklist
- You’ll get an email from the Residential College one week ahead of your advising date with important information to read ahead of time
- A few hours before your advising appointment and on the same date, you and a few other students will meet with an RC peer advisor to answer questions and welcome you to the RC community
- At your advising appointment time, you will create your Fall 2023 class schedule with an RC advisor and register for your classes
- After your virtual orientation, you will attend a 1-day in-person orientation where you can meet other students and explore campus
Things to do before your advising appointment
Check the RC Canvas site for the most up-to-date orientation information and action items!
- Early Requirements:
- Important Notes about Placement Exams
- AP/IB language scores are not a replacement for the language placement exam! Regardless of AP/IB scores, you will not be able to enroll in language classes if you don't take the language placement exam
- If you are a native/heritage speaker (i.e., speak a language other than English at home) but attended high school in English, take the language placement exam! You might be able to earn credit for your language ability, which will give you more options for scheduling.
We are committed to providing the best online orientation experience possible! You will have an opportunity to learn about campus, meet with an RC academic advisor, talk with current students and register for your first semester of classes.
Check out this video from our June RC Class of 2025 Q&A with RC Peer Advisors for student experiences on connecting with faculty, dorm furniture, and so much more!