- Campus Resources
- Curriculum and Programs
- Fall 2022 RC Courses
- Incoming RC Students
- Orientation & Registration 2022
- Information for Incoming International Students
- Information for Incoming Summer Bridge Scholars
- Information for Parents and Families
- Internship Opportunities
- RC Academic Services
- Student Academic Forms
- Student Life: Orgs & Opportunities
- Transfer Students
- Welcome Week 2022
Confused about how many RC courses to take your first semester? Don’t worry! RC Orientation will help with answer that! RC students will receive all pertinent information about requirements and course options digitally ahead of your individual Advising Date.
How orientation is going to work
- You’ll get an email from the Office of New Student Programs with your advising appointment date
- You will be added to the RC Orientation Canvas site.
- This is where you will complete the majority of your RC Orientation materials and connect with RC Peer Advisors!
- You can get started on the orientation checklist on the RC Canvas Site.
- Review sample items below to be prepared for your advising appointment date. Several items need to be taken care of at least a week ahead of your advising appointment date.
- You’ll get an email from the Residential College one week ahead of your advising date with important information to read ahead of time
- A few hours before your advising appointment and on the same date, you and a few other students will meet with an RC peer advisor to answer questions and welcome you to the RC community
- At your advising appointment time, you will create your fall 2022 class schedule with an RC advisor and register for your classes
Things to do before your advising appointment
Check the RC Canvas site for the most up-to-date orientation information and action items!
- Early Requirements:
- Complete the Wolverine First-Year Transition Course at LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISING DATE
- Complete your placement exams (some of these must be taken far in advance of your advising appointment date, so please plan accordingly)
- Other Things to Complete on the RC Canvas Site:
- Learn how to use Wolverine Access
- Look through the LSA Course Guide and RC Course Guide
- Backpack some courses you’re interested in taking (remember, these don’t all have to be within your major!)
- Submit your MCard Photo
- Join the RC Class of 2026 GroupMe and Facebook group (keep an eye out for emails from the RC with links)
We are committed to providing the best online orientation experience possible! You will have an opportunity to learn about campus, meet with an RC academic advisor, talk with current students and register for your first semester of classes.
Check out this video from our June RC Class of 2025 Q&A with RC Peer Advisors for student experiences on connecting with faculty, dorm furniture, and so much more!