- COVID-19 Updates and Policy Changes
- General Information for Incoming RC Students
- Information for Parents and Families
- Fall 2021 RC Courses
- RC Academic Services
- RC Academic Standards
- Curriculum and Programs
- Transfer Students
- RC Student Life
- Campus Resources
- Internship Opportunities
- RC Graduation 2020
- RC Graduation 2021
- RC Comments and Suggestions Drop Box
This video is required viewing for all incoming Residential College students before their advising date appointment. Enjoy getting to know Charlie Murphy, the Director of RC Academic Services!
A summary of Residential College requirements:
As all RC students are also LSA students, those pursuing a BA or BS must complete LSA distribution, race & ethnicity, quantitative reasoning requirement, and upper-level writing requirements during their time at the University of Michigan. Unique to the RC are the following requirements:
- Participation in a First Year Writing Seminar with a maximum of 15 students anchored in writing, revision, and analytical discussion. Restricted to RC students. This course fulfills LSA's First Year Writing requirement and Honors First Year Writing requirement.
- Completion of one of the five RC Semi-Immersion Foreign Language Sequences (Spanish, French, Russian, German, or Japanese) through achievement of proficiency and enrollment in an advanced Readings course. A student may also meet equivalent competency in an LSA foreign language not offered in the RC. This sequence fulfills LSA's foreign language requirement, typically in less time, and continues with the additional advanced Readings course.
- Fulfillment of Art Practicum through creative expression course-based experience through RC music, drama, or visual arts courses, or LSA course options. This course fulfills LSA's Creative Expression requirement.
- For RC students who pursue LSA Majors (non-RC majors), completion of four additional RC courses is required beyond these requirements (a specific number of credits is not required). These courses may also overlap with LSA distribution requirements.
- Live within the RC Community in East Quad for a student's first and second years at U-M.