- Doctoral Student Awards & Funding Opportunities
- Embedded Masters
- GSI Teaching
- Dissertation Forms and Requirements
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
Each year the APF awards Koppitz Graduate Student Fellowships to promote the advancement of knowledge and learning in the field of child psychology. Up to four research awards of up to $25,000 each will be awarded for graduate work and professional development, and up to two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to runners-up.
To qualify, applicants must have achieved candidacy or will be achieving candidacy before award is made. Proof of having advanced to candidacy will be required before funds are released. IRB approval must be received before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved.
Your proposal should contain the following:
- Description of proposed project to include goal, relevant background, target population, methods, and anticipated outcomes.
- Format: not to exceed 5 pages
- 1 inch margins, 12 point Times New Roman font
- Relevant background, literature review, specific aims, significance: approximately 2 pages
- Methods section — approximately 3 pages (The methods section must be detailed enough so that the design, assessments, and procedures can be evaluated.)
- Implications section — approximately 1 page
- Timeline for execution
- Full budget and justification
- Copy of IRB approval
Submit the following materials as separate files to the SAA Office, in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Proposal (as described above)
- One letter of recommendation from your advisor. A second letter of recommendation from the SAA Chair will be required for the application that is forwarded to the APF.
All application materials should be submitted to email@example.com. The applications will be reviewed by the SAA Committee to select the application that will be forwarded to the competition. The Psychology SAA Chair will also provide a recommendation letter in support of the applicant's research, as well as a guarantee of the tuition waiver.
More information about this award can be found at the American Psychological Foundation website.
Application Deadline: 10/12/2017