- Diversity Committee Members
- Diversity Events
- Diversity Resources
- Diversity Recruitment Weekend
- Psychology DEI Library
- Research & Faculty
- Resources & Organizations
- Scholarships & Awards
- Staff Inclusive Culture Liaison
- STAR Scholars Program
- This is DEI
The Department of Psychology at the University of Michigan is excited to announce a special graduate recruitment initiative. The Diversity Recruitment Weekend provides eligible undergraduate students from around the country with information about graduate school in psychology, including at the University of Michigan.
The program consists of workshops, panel discussions, and individual meetings designed to prepare students for the graduate admissions process in psychology. There will be sessions on developing a strong application and writing successful statements for graduate school, as well as strategies for gaining research experience. Students will also have opportunities to meet individually with faculty and graduate students at the University of Michigan who share similar research interests. Students will learn about the different graduate programs in psychology offered at the University of Michigan.
Our Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend is open to undergraduate students and recent graduates (1-2 years out)
- from educational, cultural or geographic backgrounds that are underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan
- who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity
- who have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- and/or are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their family to graduate from a four-year college.
The Diversity Recruitment Weekend is completely FREE. This year the program will be conducted entirely online, and will begin on the morning of Friday, October 16 and will run until noon on Saturday, October 17, 2020.
Interested students should complete the application form by the deadline of September 4, 2020. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by September 25th.
Preference will be given to students who are currently juniors and seniors. Recent graduates (1 or 2 years out) are also encouraged to apply. Please contact Elizabeth Cole (email@example.com) if you have questions about the event or about the online application form.