The National Political Science Honor Society, Pi Sigma Alpha of Alpha Upsilon Chapter at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor is now accepting applications for membership.
To qualify for membership in the Alpha Upsilon Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha at the University of Michigan, a student must meet the following requirements as outlined in the chapter bylaws:
For undergraduates currently enrolled at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor:
- Completion of at least half the credits required for the baccalaureate degree (i.e. junior or senior standing)
- Completion of at least 4 courses for juniors, and 5 courses for seniors in political science by the end of the academic year, including at least one upper-division course
- A GPA of 3.5 in all courses in political science
- Maintenance of general scholarship sufficient to place the student in the top one-third of his or her class
- An overall GPA of 3.3
- Transfer students must have completed four courses in political science at the time of application.
If accepted, membership will be contingent upon a one-time payment of dues set at $46 for the 2016-2017 academic year. This pays for your membership in Pi Sigma Alpha and your membership certificate. If you would like to receive a Pi Sigma Alpha medallion ($17), an honor cord ($17), or both ($30) to wear at graduation, please add these extra expenses to your due payment. The payment will be due within one week of acceptance notification.
Members will also be required to attend three mandatory events during the 2016-2017 academic year:
- The Chapter Induction Ceremony (First Semester)
- Professor-Student Dinner (Second Semester)
- At least one other Pi Sigma Alpha event (TBD)
All applications are due by Friday, October 7, 2016. Please email the form to Nicole Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org, or please print it out and bring the form to the Political Science Department, 5735 Haven Hall.