Requirements to do an Internship for Credit:
- Be a declared PitE major or minor.
- Have completed Stage One and Stage Two of PitE's Michigan Internship Learning Environment (MILE) program.
- Have completed at least two terms of study at the University of Michigan or equivalent campus.
- Be in good academic standing, including a minimum 2.0 G.P.A.
Download a copy of the full Environ 398 Guidelines for more information about the course.
Why do an Internship for Credit?
- Can be used to fulfill major or minor requirements in PitE.
- Provides more structure to the internship and incorporates a research component, which is also an excellent item to include on a resume.
- Some organizations may require students to get credit for an internship.
Research has repeatedly shown the importance of learning by doing. Internships can give students a chance to translate their academic knowledge to real world settings. Students will also gain practical tools such as improved listening and communication skills, data gathering and analysis, just to name a few, that will translate to jobs after graduation.
Sign-up to meet with a PitE Internship Faculty member learn how to complete an internship for Practical Experience and discuss the MILE program further.