The Hub’s Online Career Tools
As an LSA student, you have 24/7 access to the Opportunity Hub’s resources wherever you go via our online learning tools on Canvas. From discovering career and grad school options to resumé help and internship funding, our Canvas is a one-stop shop for all things professional development, exclusively for liberal arts students.
How will these tools help you?
Our learning tools are chock-full of step-by-step guides that allow you to develop core skills so you can check items off your to-do list, including how to build and tailor a resume, how to network, and so on.
You can expect the following when engaging with the tools:
- In-depth support: Grow your skills independently with robust step-by-step guidance, even if you’re trying these tasks for the first time
- Authentic and active learning: Take concrete steps towards your goals with tips, templates, and examples that are specific to LSA students
- Goal-driven approach: Shape your professional identity with skill-building that is integrated with goal-setting and career planning
- Accessible and inclusive content: Find materials that meet you where you’re at, across different experiences, needs, and goals
Get started by checking out our tools on these sought-out topics:
- Discover your career options: Uncover potential careers for your interests, skills, and values
- Build & tailor your resumé: Learn how to create a solid record of your experiences, skills, and accomplishments, and highlight your fit for specific opportunities
- Grow your network: Develop strategies to build authentic professional relationships
- Translate your experience: Communicate the value of your experiences to professional audiences
- Prepare for career fairs: Get ready to engage with employers during career fair events
- Explore grad school: Find out about grad school possibilities and get ready to apply
- Prepare your application: Effectively communicate your experiences through resumés, cover letters, and interviews
- Find internship funding: Discover options for funding your professional opportunities
- Search for Opportunities: Find options for gaining professional experience
How do I access these tools?
Enroll in the Hub’s Canvas today to get access to these learning tools. Note that this isn’t signing up for a class – use these free resources however you like, with no requirements. Once you enroll, you will be able access the Hub’s learning tools at any time from your Canvas dashboard.