- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- All Events
Learn how to construct your resume, master LinkedIn connections, navigate identity issues in the workplace, and more in the Hub’s small-group coaching workshops.
These sessions cover a wide range of topics and take place throughout the fall. Workshop themes, dates, and times for the month of September are listed below.
These are open to LSA undergrads who RSVP, as space is limited. (Click on the workshop title to see more or reserve your spot). And, since they often take happen over lunch or dinner, there are always free snacks.
Questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Translating Your Summer Experience | September 10: 5-6 p.m. (LSA 2001)
You’ve interned, completed research, or studied abroad: how do you best share these accomplishments with others? Join the Hub to learn how to most effectively communicate these experiences on a resume and in conversation.
Transfer Student Talks: Go-To Goal Setting and Getting On Board with the Hub | September 18: 12-12:45 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Join this interactive session to learn how the Hub can set you up for professional success! Enjoy lunch and leverage your time to set fall goals and find out ways to engage with the Hub. Although this event is tailored to transfer students, all students are welcome to work on their fall goals.
Resume Basics | September 20: 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Virtual)
During this virtual workshop, you'll dive into the stages of crafting a resume that highlights your strengths. If you have a current resume, feel free to have it available to reference.
Exploring Your Career Interests | September 23: 5-6:30 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Wondering what industries and career roles are available for you based on your skills and interests? Come to this workshop to explore your options, reflect on your experiences, and identify career paths that align with your values and unique skill set!
Hub Studio: Career Fair Prep | September 26: 4-6 p.m. (Trotter Multicultural Center, Large Meeting Room)
Stop by the Hub’s Career Fair Prep studio anytime between 4 and 6 p.m. to prepare for and make the most of the upcoming University Career Center career fair. Hub coaches will be on hand to help you identify organizations to connect with, develop your elevator pitch, tailor your resume or answer any other questions you may have.
Starting the Internship Search | September 30: 12-12:45 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Start or continue your internship search by determining your goals for an internship, learn about the search process, and explore a variety of platforms to identify opportunities!
Navigating: The Intersection of Social & Professional Identities | September 30: 5-6:30 p.m. (Trotter Multicultural Center)
The first workshop of a three-part series focused on navigating professional spaces. Come to reflect on the intersection of our social and professional identities and the impact they have on how we navigate workplaces.