- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- All Events
Join us for the sixth annual Social Impact Fair, a dedicated forum for LSA students interested in taking action on social, environmental, and political issues that are defining our world today. In collaboration with the Great Lakes Theme Semester, this year’s Social Impact Fair will include organizations and projects responding to issues affecting the Great Lakes, and provide opportunities for students to get involved in these efforts as volunteers, interns, and staff!
You should attend this event if you are:
- An LSA undergrad
- Interested in social justice or environmental advocacy
- Looking to build connections with professional and student organizations, including nonprofits and companies focused on human rights, social justice, education, public health, and the environment
- Seeking volunteer, internship, research, or job opportunities
What you’ll gain by attending:
- Discover organizations on the frontlines of social and environmental issues like Habitat for Humanity, SafeHouse, Community Action Network, Great Lakes Now, and the National Wildlife Federation
- Learn about volunteer, internship, and job positions
- Attend 10-minute Lightning Talks to learn about the Great Lakes microbiome crisis, efforts to preserve Indigenous lands and native plants, media coverage of Great Lakes issues, and ways you can get involved in Great Lakes protection initiatives
- Connect with Hub coaches to get support in applying to social and environmental impact positions
- Master using the Opportunity Network to apply for internship opportunities with on-site tutorials and Hub staff support
RSVP now to get insider information like speaker topics, list of professional organizations attending, and more!
The Opportunity Hub aims to deliver inclusive and accessible experiences and welcomes all LSA students to participate. This event is on the second floor of a wheelchair accessible building which includes wheelchair-accessible restrooms on the second floor, a gender-inclusive and accessible restroom on the third floor, places to sit or stand during the event, and accessible parking options nearby on Fletcher Street. CART will be provided during the lightning talks and the event program is available in a digitally accessible format.
To request additional accommodations, please complete our Accommodations Request Form at http://myumi.ch/3qowB or contact Jessica McCuaig at email@example.com or 1 (734) 615-2772.