- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- All Events
Explore all facets of the real estate industry—from co-living trends to property development and beyond—during Industry Insiders: Real Estate on Thursday, October 24.
Industry Insiders offers a fresh take on professional development events: students with little or no previous experience are welcome and there are no wrong questions.
Michigan alums who are making strides or leading in their industries will be there to help students explore the field and better understand whether a particular career path is right for them.
This is a non-recruiting, exploratory event.
When is Industry Insiders?
Thursday, October 24 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) Apse. Students will be able to RSVP in the network from Monday, September 4 through Sunday, October 6 at 11:59 p.m.
What companies are participating?
You’ll meet leaders from different facets of the industry, including Wendy Katz, the executive director of Cushman and Wakefield, Tanya Morton, founder of the Belgian co-living property Morton Place, and more.
What is the event like?
The format is casual; alumni introduce themselves, then students break out into small-groups with each alum for conversation. Every time the bell rings, students switch tables to talk to a new alum, making connections and gaining more clarity about their interests.
Who is eligible?
LSA students in their first and second year, including transfer students in their first year at U-M who are planning to graduate in the Fall of 2022 or later, and students who have little to no previous experience within the real estate industry.
Why should you apply?
To get a taste of what a career in real estate is actually like, and to make connections with alums in an industry you’re interested in.
How do I apply?
It’s easy! Submit your application in the LSA Opportunity Network.