- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- All Events
Industry Insiders offers a fresh take on professional development events: students with little or no previous experience are welcome and there are no wrong questions. Michigan alums who are leaders in their industries will be there to help students explore the field and better understand whether a particular career path is right for them.
When is Industry Insiders?
Tuesday, January 29 from 5 to 7 p.m. on the tenth floor of Weiser Hall. Applications are due January 16 at 11:59 p.m.
What companies are participating?
At our next edition, Industry Insiders: Finance, explore the industry with leaders from Goldman Sachs, Insight Venture Partners, Develop Detroit and more.
What is the event like?
The format is casual; alumni introduce themselves, then students break out into small-groups with one alum for conversation. Every time the bell rings, students switch tables to talk to a new alum, making connections and gaining more clarity about their interests.
Who is eligible?
LSA students in their first and second year, including transfer students in their first year at U-M who are planning to graduate in the Fall of 2020 or later who have little to no previous experience within the finance industry.
Why should you apply?
To get a taste of what a career in finance is actually like, and to make connections with alums in an industry you’re interested in.
How do I apply?
It’s easy! Submit your application in the LSA Opportunity Network.