- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- All Events
What will employer engagement look like in the Hub?
We're working to create an environment where organizations collaborate in the development of professional growth opportunities for LSA students. This means I’m often on the phone and in meetings asking for the time and expertise of the talented professionals from our future Hub employer partners. As we continue to scale our engagement opportunities, we will offer employers a variety of ways to build their brand on campus while supporting the development of a strong talent pipeline.
What is the Hub’s approach to building its portfolio of employer partners?
The interesting and exciting challenge of working with and for LSA students is that their interests span the entire spectrum of industries. To ensure that we create opportunities that appeal to our students, we’re identifying key partners from the industries they're most excited about. And we’re making sure that each industry is represented by large Fortune 500 companies, mission-driven nonprofit organizations, and high-potential start-ups.
What are some examples of your employer partnerships in action?
For the 2019/2020 academic year, we launched two engagement types that allow students to explore and develop their understanding of how they fit within a variety of roles and industries. During our September Career Convo, students were able to to explore sales through the lens of organizations from starkly different industries, including Google, City Year, and local start-up AdAdapted. Students who attended November’s Find Your Fit workshop with Airbnb were able to engage in hands-on activities that allowed them to understand the work of a content strategist. This winter, we will offer a full slate of each engagement type for students interested in finance, consulting, people management, the arts and more.
How can organizations partner with the Hub?
We are excited to continue to build our relationships with potential employers. To set up a conversation with the employer engagement team, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting to share more about our efforts in the Hub and to gain a better understanding of how LSA students may thrive in your work.