- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- What is ‘career exploration’—and why does it matter?
- All Events
At Career Convos: What is Finance? , students will explore the financial industry with professionals from Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Capital One, and more. Come ready to explore questions like:
- What is investment banking?
- What is risk?
- What does it mean to work for a bulge bracket firm verus a hedge fund?
- What do I need to do to break into the finance field?
Representatives from these organizations will be there to answer students' questions directly, offer career advice, and share valuable insights about the industry. By the end of this event, students will have more robust knowledge to assess if a career in finance is potentially a good fit.
You should attend this workshop if you are:
An LSA student with an interest in exploring or pursuing a career in finance, no experience is required
Looking to connect with and learn from leading firms in the industry
Graduating in December 2021 or later
What you’ll gain by attending:
A better understanding of which career path in finance best fits your interests
Discover next steps or opportunities to leverage to connect the dots between your LSA education and a career in finance
Valuable connections with leading finance firms interested in talented LSA students
How to Apply:
Simply submit your résumé and a brief statement by February 9 through the application link below
The event will take place on February 11, from 5-7 p.m on the tenth floor of Weiser Hall.