- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- What is ‘career exploration’—and why does it matter?
- Three alums, three identities, three incredibly diverse career paths
- Internships: A way to trying on different careers for size
- An inside look into career coaching
- Where will your LSA degree take you?
- Waste not, want not
- 2022 LSA Internship Fair
- Making career choices with a little help from your LSA friends
- "Be your own advocate"
- 2022 Grad School Fair
- Take the pressure off
- Unlocking your next internship opportunity
- The Grad School Question
- How to Get Hired
- Navigating the unexpected
- Putting your LSA degree to work
- Networking: The key that unlocks career opportunities and mentoring support
- Dispelling common career myths
- Part Two: Dispelling common career myths
- Signing off
- What is Social Capital?
- 5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Undergraduate Career
- 4 Ways to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- So, you’re considering a virtual internship?
- All Events
Alumni Connections bring alumni and students together for conversation that’s authentic and personal.
Students who make it on the list for these in-depth talks (spots fill up fast, so RSVP early!) get the chance to ask questions directly and walk away with invaluable information. Past alumni participants have included Pinterest’s Head of Community Operations Jud Hoffman, New York Times-published international photographer Kirsten Kortebein, and Hamilton producer Jeffrey Seller (pictured).
What sets these sessions apart is their size and format: an intimate audience in an informal setting (dress code is come as you are). No resume exchanges or fussy suits—these sessions invite students to explore and understand, rather than compete.
Browse opportunities or RSVP to join the conversation in the LSA Opportunity Network. (And keep an eye on your inboxes, where Alumni Connections are often announced!)
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Allan Mishra
Sept. 6: Noon | LSA 2001 | RSVP
Board certified orthopaedic surgeon, sports medicine specialist, and fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Allan Mishra will speak about his career in medicine and founding DareToBeVital.com, a movement dedicated to enhancing global vitality.
RedPeak CEO Susan Cantor
Sept. 6: 3:30 p.m. | LSA 2130 | RSVP
Susan Cantor has dedicated her marketing and communications career to building brands and helping them launch new products, including Levi’s, American Express, Macy’s, and Johnson & Johnson. Hear how her liberal arts degree lead her to hold leadership positions in advertising agencies, marketing strategy consultancies, and design firms.
CEO and Cofounder Allen Wolff
Sept. 6: 3 p.m. | LSA 2119 | RSVP
Allen Wolff, co-founder of Paysimple and CFO of NTN Buzztime, will talk about his work as an entrepreneur and how students can apply their liberal arts education to opportunities in tech and finance.
Working/Studying Abroad Expert Amanda Harvey
Sept. 24: 2:30 p.m. | LSA 2006 | RSVP (Coming Soon)
Learn how to navigate the process of finding internships abroad, and learn tips for making the most of an internship experience from Amanda Harvey, an MBA candidate of Cardiff University in Wales.