- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- All Events
Alumni Connections bring alumni and students together for conversation that’s authentic and personal.
Students who make it on the list for these in-depth talks (spots fill up fast, so RSVP early!) get the chance to ask questions directly and walk away with invaluable information. Past alumni participants have included Pinterest’s Head of Community Operations Jud Hoffman, New York Times-published international photographer Kirsten Kortebein, and Hamilton producer Jeffrey Seller (pictured).
What sets these sessions apart is their size and format: an intimate audience in an informal setting (dress code is come as you are). No resume exchanges or fussy suits—these sessions invite students to explore and understand, rather than compete.
Browse opportunities or RSVP to join the conversation in the LSA Opportunity Network. (And keep an eye on your inboxes, where Alumni Connections are often announced!)
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Allan Mishra
Sept. 6: Noon | LSA 2001 | RSVP
Board certified orthopaedic surgeon, sports medicine specialist, and fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Allan Mishra will speak about his career in medicine and founding DareToBeVital.com, a movement dedicated to enhancing global vitality.
RedPeak CEO Susan Cantor
Sept. 6: 3:30 p.m. | LSA 2130 | RSVP
Susan Cantor has dedicated her marketing and communications career to building brands and helping them launch new products, including Levi’s, American Express, Macy’s, and Johnson & Johnson. Hear how her liberal arts degree lead her to hold leadership positions in advertising agencies, marketing strategy consultancies, and design firms.
CEO and Cofounder Allen Wolff
Sept. 6: 3 p.m. | LSA 2119 | RSVP
Allen Wolff, co-founder of Paysimple and CFO of NTN Buzztime, will talk about his work as an entrepreneur and how students can apply their liberal arts education to opportunities in tech and finance.
Working/Studying Abroad Expert Amanda Harvey
Sept. 24: 2:30 p.m. | LSA 2006 | RSVP (Coming Soon)
Learn how to navigate the process of finding internships abroad, and learn tips for making the most of an internship experience from Amanda Harvey, an MBA candidate of Cardiff University in Wales.